Privacy and Cookies Policy
- What information do we collect from you?
- Why do we collect this information?
- How long do we keep hold of your information?
- Who might we share your information with?
- How is your data stored and kept secure?
- What are your rights?
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and emergency contact information. You may also supply us with the name of your employer or a photograph for use in an ID card. Optionally, you may choose to complete surveys about our products or services. This includes information you provide us with through use of our apps.
Information we collect from your use of our site and applications.With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, such as, where available, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, operating system, browser type, and what type of device you are using to access our service;
- traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Information we collect throughout our relationship. This is information relating to your use of our service, including:
- analytical data relating to how you interact with our services and applications.
Information we collect when you call us. If you call us we will automatically collect the following information:
- the phone number used to call us
Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with other organisations, including:
- Your employer or training organisation
- Providing us with your details online. This is information you may choose to provide us with using the Contact Us page on our site. You may also choose to sign up to our newsletter which involves supplying us with your name and email address. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information for the following reasons:
Pursuant to a contract in order to:
- process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract;
- provide you with our products and services;
- process payments;
- maintain business and service continuity;
- send service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or post or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service;
On the basis of your consent:
Where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you;
We will contact you with direct marketing communications if you consent to us doing so and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process information in order to:
provide you with a personalised service;
improve our products and services;
to deal with any employment queries asking for confirmation of qualifications as part of the service we offer;
to notify your employer or other training organisation of the status of your training and qualifications as part of the service we offer;
in some circumstances to send you marketing communications about products or services which we believe will interest you;
for audit purposes;
keep our site and systems safe and secure;
understand our customer base and purchasing trends;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- the provision of products and services;
- data protection;
- health and safety;
- anti-money laundering;
- fraud investigations;
- assisting law enforcement; and
- any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
- Photographs are kept for 4 years;
- Email addresses will be deleted after a 4 year period where we have not engaged with you;
- Correspondence and related information for complaints, quality assurance or trade marks will be kept for 10 years;
- We will keep key information about your training (name, date of birth, address, qualifications and correspondence) throughout your lifetime so that we can verify your training qualifications to your employers and prospective employers and deal with any incident or accident related queries. Such a period has been chosen because our experience has shown that reference to these records may be required for a significantly extended period of time. We will keep your information unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are otherwise required remove such data from our records.
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
- selected associated third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- business partners, subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;<.li>
- customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services;
- statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns to our advertisers. This is aggregate information and does not identify any individual;
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and parent company;
- your employer or training organisation as part of the contract for our services.
- prospective employers for the purposes of verifying your training and qualifications.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
At RTITB, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation. We use the following protection measures:
- Our app based audit system provider stores data in the US and our App developer is based in India. Any data transferred to these organisations is covered by Privacy Shield certification or Commission approved model clauses in place between the parties.
A copy of these safeguards is available on request. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|utmc||Analytics||Determine whether you are in a new session/visit.||End of session|
|utmz||Analytics||Stores the traffic or campaign that explains how you reached our site.||6 months|
|utmt||Analytics||Used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
|utma||Analytics||Used to distinguish users and sessions.||2 years|
|utmb||Analytics||Used to determine new sessions/visits.||30 minutes|
|lc_window_state||Necessary||Used to provide a livechat service, and personalise that service for users.||End of session|
|lc.visitor_id.7157661||Necessary||Attributes an ID to you for your visits.||2 years and 6 months|
|6a07d2fc734eb3e4f23afd95ab13935f||Functionality||A default cookie created through the Customer Management System we use for our site.||End of session|
|frontend_cid||Necessary||Used to provide the functionality of the webstore.||End of session|
|frontend||Necessary||Used to provide the functionality of the webstore.||End of session|
Third Party Cookies:
We have added both LiveChat and YouTube functionality to our website. These third parties set cookies which they control. Please see the details below and view their privacy policies for more information.
|livechat_lastvisit||.livechatinc.com||Used to provide a livechat service, and personalise that service for users: https://www.livechatinc.com/privacy-policy/|
|livechat||.livechatinc.com||Used to provide a livechat service, and personalise that service for users: https://www.livechatinc.com/privacy-policy/|
|lc_vv||.livechatinc.com||Used to provide a livechat service, and personalise that service for users: https://www.livechatinc.com/privacy-policy/|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||.youtube.com||Used to provide areas of site with embedded YouTube videos: https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|GPS||.youtube.com||Used to provide areas of site with embedded YouTube videos: https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|PREF||.youtube.com||Used to provide areas of site with embedded YouTube videos: https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|YSC||.youtube.com||Used to provide areas of site with embedded YouTube videos: https://policies.google.com/privacy|
Cookies can be controlled by your web browser settings. Whether our cookies are used will depend on your browser settings, so you are in control. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please use the following links:
- Internet Explorer cookies information
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information
Please be aware that by blocking all cookies you may not be able to access or use all the features of our website and you will not receive a personalised service.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Capitb Limited is the controller of personal data processed as set out in this policy.