Counterbalance (Forklift) Lift Truck Training
The RTITB Counterbalance Lift Truck (often referred to as a forklift) operator training course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Lift truck controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- On/off ramp driving
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking
- Lift truck stability
- The operators’ safety code
Course Durations (for 3 people) ABA codes B1, B2:
- Novice candidate: 32.5 hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 19.5 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 6.5 hours
- Conversion candidate:13 hours
- Conversion back-to-back from Counterbalance to Reach: 9.75 hours
Last year over 42,000 people completed and passed RTITB counterbalance training and testing and achieved their internationally recognised RTITB Certificate of Basic Operator Training.
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your forklift training.