Lift Truck Instructor Training
The RTITB Lift Truck Instructor course will provide candidates with the skills required to prepare and examine operators for the working environment of lift trucks. Candidates will be equipped to understand how to do this in accordance with agreed best practice.
Successful completion of the course will require candidates to pass an examination that covers basic operating skills, associated knowledge and practical instructional ability.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Health and safety
- Relevant regulations
- Approved Code of Practice (ACOP)
- The role of the Instructor and qualities
- Basic principles of instruction
- Skills and task analysis
- Lesson structure (practical and theory)
- Report writing
- Lift truck test
The course concludes with an examination, which you must sucesssfully complete in order to qualify as an RTITB Lift Truck Instructor. Successful candidates are eligible to register on the RTITB Register of Professional Instructors.
- Novice Candidate: Minimum 10 days (usually priced between £1200 and £1800)*
- Conversion Candidate: 5 days or minimum 3 days for instructors converting from ITSSAR, AITT or NPORS (usually priced between £500 and £800)*
- Re-Registration Candidate: Minimum 3 days, strongly recommended 5 days (usually priced between £200 and £500)*
*please note each centre sets its own prices, the price shown below is shown as a guide only and does not guarantee you will be able to secure a place on the course at the price shown
To find the next available course dates in your region use the map search below, or find your nearest centre use the postcode search. You can then make your booking direct with the centre through our website.